ACT for US College Admission and Career Planning
Preparing for post-secondary education or college
planning for the admissions-savvy kids begins with taking standardized
tests like ACT.
The ACT (formerly known as American College Testing)
started almost 50 years ago. It is one of the most widely used
undergraduate admissions test by post-secondary institutions across the
U.S. for college admission and course placement. Unlike other exams
taken up for studying in the US, ACT focuses on what you have already
Advantages of taking ACT
- ACT allows you to test multiple times, so you decide the scores you wish to send to the colleges of your choice.
- ACT score is accepted by all the 4-year degree colleges and universities in US.
- By taking ACT getting scholarship or financial aid is more affordable.
- Even if you decide to take job after school, ACT score can help you getting a well paid if your scores are really good.
- Below are the guidelines required for appearing in the American College Testing (ACT) exam.
- Eligibility criteria for appearing in ACT
planning to join undergraduate courses in US, and have completed 12
years of schooling from any school board can take this test.
- Citizens of all age group can take the test.
should be minimum 13 years of age or studying in grade 6 or above, can
take the tests (both with writing or without writing).
are programs (known as Academic Talent Identification Program) in which
students are identified by the school for taking the test.
promotes registration online for taking up the exam, as it immediately
tells you about the status of your application but students lesser then
13 years of age cannot register online (as per internet policy) so they
should seek the guidance from their school.Choice of center:
you can register through your student account (web account is just like
your email which you can access from anywhere and any time of day),
used for correspondence to choose any national or international center .
If you have missed the deadline for late registration, you may request
for a standby test through your student account and completing the
required formalities.Arranged test
:If you are physically
disabled or cannot find a test center near your home/ in home town or
you need a non-weekend test center or for some reason you are not
available on the scheduled dates/time then you can request for an
arranged test.Special testing :
If you have requested for
extended time or accommodations for the first time, register online by
creating your student account in addition to completing the required
formalities and submitting all the documents.
Registration Information: you can register online or by mail.
- Online registration : For online registration click here
- Mailing registration: Is only for the candidates are who less than 13 years of age or cannot use credit card.