GED - International students
The General Educational Development (GED) program provides a platform to the applicants to express their knowledge and skills accumulated over years, which can be compared to other high school graduates in the United States. Passing the GED Tests help you receive a U.S. high school equivalent diploma.
GED Exam Eligibility for Non-US Citizens
Non-citizens, including refugees, legal and illegal immigrants, resident and nonresident aliens, and other foreign nationals are eligible to take the GED Tests if they meet all of the requirements of the Commission and the State, province or territory, including requirements on age and withdrawal from school.A quick overview of some of them are given below.GED Testing Service guidelines stipulate that in order for a person to take the GED tests:
- Should possess verification of identity
- Identity and age must be verified using acceptable photograph-bearing identification. A driver's license, valid passports, military ID, or another form of government-issued (national or foreign) identification that show name, address, date of birth, signature and photograph are all acceptable forms of identification, unless there is any reason to question their authenticity
- Should be at least 17 years old to take the test
High school diploma from another country
- Persons who earn diplomas in countries that do not participate in the GED testing program are likewise eligible to take the GED tests if they meet all other requirements.
- If you live outside the United States, Canada, or their territories and wish you to take General Educational Development (GED). Then you should contact at a international regional testing center operated by Prometric.
- Prometric is responsible for holding exams internationally . Prometric provides U.S. high school equivalent diploma through Maine Department of Education. Therefore, your high school diploma will be issued from the U.S. state of Maine.
- Prometric offers a GED at various locations globally. The test-taker can schedule the test throughout the year.