GRE - Fees
This section contains information on the following:Fees for Scoring ServicesPayment and Refund Policies
Fee Reduction Certificates/Vouchers
Test fees for GRE Test may vary according to the country in which you take the test.
The fees has to be paid through a US Dollar denominated draft, made out in favor of "ETS - GRE" payable in the U.S. Such a draft is usually available with the Main Branches of most banks (which have a foreign exchange counter).
Alternately, the payment can also be made through a credit card (which has global acceptance. The credit card need not necessarily be yours - you can get your father to sign for).
| Standard Test Administration
| GRE revised General Test — United States, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico
| Special Handling Requests
| Late registration fee (paper-based test online registration only)
|Standby testing (paper-based test only)
| Rescheduling fee
|Changing your test center
| Scoring Services
| Scores by phone
| Additional Score Reports (ASR) — per recipient
| Question-and-Answer review service — Verbal Reasoning & Quantitative Reasoning sections only
Score review for Analytical Writing measure
Paper-based test multiple-choice hand scoring
Score reinstatement fee
Additional ETS PPI Evaluation Reports, per report
*Effective July 1, 2012, the test administration fee for the GRE revised General Test will be US$175 worldwide.Payment and Refund Policies:
Requesting a Refund
- Fee payment has to be made in US dollar.
- Cash not allowed
- If you do not include the correct fee, your request for registration or service will be returned.
- Taxes must be included where applicable.
- A check in U.S. dollars must be drawn on a bank in the United States or Canada. Checks payable in another currency must be drawn on banks in the same country as the currency.
- There are no refunds for additional services.
- Refunds will be made in U.S. dollars.
- Services may be withheld for nonpayment of fees.
Fee Reduction Program:
- If you cancel your registration no later than three full days before your test date, you will receive half of the test fee.
- Refunds will be in U.S. dollars.Cash refunds are not available.
- If the payment was done by Credit/Debit Card/Paypal/E-check, refund will be processed automatically and will be credited back to the original credit/debit card//Paypal/E-check or bank account.
- Refunds for paper-based tests are processed after the score reporting date.
- Test Takers in Mainland China: For test takers in Mainland China, you will need to reschedule or cancel your test registration no later than 10 full days before your test date. Follow the instructions on the NEEA website for requesting a partial refund and additional payment policies.
ETS provides the fee reduction program for individuals who demonstrate financial need and for national program that work with underrepresented groups.For those with financial need:
College seniors must be:
- ETS offers a limited number of GRE Fee Reduction Certificates on a first-come, first-served basis that are available for college seniors and un-enrolled college graduates who meet eligibility requirements.
- A Fee Reduction Certificate may be used for one GRE revised General Test and/or one GRE Subject Test.
- Eligibility for participation in the Fee Reduction Program is limited to one time only. Thereafter, the full test fee will be charged for additional tests for which the candidate registers.
- Individuals meeting the eligibility requirements will be required to pay 50 percent of the full test fee. To be eligible, you must be a U.S. citizen or resident alien who is a college senior or an un-enrolled college graduate.
College graduates who are not enrolled :
- Receiving financial aid through an undergraduate college in the United States, U.S. Territories or Puerto Rico, and
- A dependent, who has an Institutional Student Information Report (ISIR) that shows a parental contribution of not more than $1,400 for the senior year, or self-supporting and have an ISIR that shows a contribution of not more than $1,800 for the senior year.
To apply for a GRE Fee Reduction Certificate:
- Must have applied for financial aid, and must have an ISIR that indicates self-supporting status and a contribution of not more than $1,800.
Fee Reduction Certificates/Vouchers
- Contact your financial aid office to see whether you qualify.
- Once your eligibility is established, the financial aid office will issue you a Fee Reduction Certificate and a copy of your ISIR.
For Those who are Unemployed
: ETS offers a limited number of GRE Fee Reduction Certificates to individuals who can confirm that they are unemployed and receiving unemployment compensation. Qualified individuals can register to take the computer-based GRE revised General Test for half the cost of the regular test fee.For National Programs
- GRE Fee Reduction Certificates/Vouchers are also made available to the following programs:
- Ronald E. McNair Postbaccalaureate Achievement Program (The McNair Scholars Program)
- Project 1000 Program
- Gates Millennium Scholars Program
- GEM: National Consortium for Graduate Degrees for Minorities in Engineering and Science Program
- PREP: Post baccalaureate Research Education Program