IELTS is the International
English Language Testing System which tests English proficiency across
the globe. IELTS is the world’s most popular high stakes English
language proficiency test. IELTS is available on 48 fixed dates a year – up to four times a month, depending on local demand.
accepted by more than 7,000 organizations in in over 135 countries. These include
universities, immigration departments, government agencies, professional
bodies and multinational companies.
IELTS is accepted by most Australian, British, Canadian and New Zealand
academic institutions. American academic institutions are increasingly
accepting IELTS for admissions purposes.
IELTS is accepted by many professional organizations including the New
Zealand immigration service, the Australian department of immigration
and multicultural affairs, the Australian Medical Council, the UK
General Medical Council and the UK Ministry of Defense.
Higher education or Work
International English Language Testing System or IELTS is an English
language assessment test primarily used by those seeking international
education, professional recognition, bench-marking to international
standards and global mobility. IELTS is owned, developed and delivered
through the partnership of the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and
the University of Cambridge ESOL exams.
Types of tests:
tests the complete range of English language skills which will commonly
be encountered by students when studying or training in English medium.
All candidates take the same listening and speaking modules. There is an
option of either academic or general training: reading and writing
- Academic training is suitable for candidates planning to
undertake higher education.
- General Training test is for those who want
to work experience or training programs, secondary school or migrate to
an English-speaking country. All candidates take the same listening and
speaking tests but different Reading and Writing tests.
Test centers make every effort to cater for the special needs of
disabled candidates. If you have a special need, talk to your local
test center when registering. Centers may need three months to organize
There is no eligibility criteria to take IELTS. It is required if your
native language is not English and wish to study abroad or migrate to
English speaking countries .
Are you prepared for the IELTS? Then the first step is to register for the test.
You can register for IELTS in any of the following ways:-
- Register in person.
- Register by post / courier.
- Online registration (available at a few test centers only)
Documents you need for registration:
- Print out or downloaded copy of the application form.
- Two passport-sized photographs, less than six months old, and sign the back of each.
- Photocopy of your current passport – this must be valid and not expired. (Some centers will accept a national identity card.).
Noteworthy points and tips for IELTS Registration
- Register for IELTS, before your college admission deadline. You can also see the cost of the test at your nearest center in local currency on the IELTS website.
- Check your requirement to appear for academic or general training test.
- Read carefully the information, terms and conditions before submitting.
- Make sure you have a valid postal address and use the same name as on your passport.
you want your results to be sent automatically to a university or
educational institution, include the correct details in the section on
the IELTS Application Form.
- IELTS application must be taken to your IELTS test center along with the fees.
- If you are sending the application by mail consent should be taken with your center about the mode of payment.
- On the day of the test-
must bring in the original passport or national identity card that you
mentioned as identity proof on the IELTS application form.
Some of the centers provide online test registration facility for the candidates. Refer to the test centres section of the IELTS website for further information.
you have registered, the test center will confirm your IELTS test date,
time and venue. Note: the speaking test can be taken up to 7 days
before or after the test date.Register online for IELTS near you.