Summer Schools for K12
Summer schools are a great way to spend quality vacation time and build developmental assets. There is no dearth of courses for the summer schools nowadays- you can choose from online summer programs or district school summer programs or even independent summer programs available across the United States.
For the school going children these summer classes or programs are available grade wise with a choice of enrolling for academic enrichment, skills improvement programs to fun or hobby based classes. The list doesn’t end here if you or your child is interested in learning what’s new in the world of technology then you can get enrolled for one such program. These programs use integration of technology such as SMART boards, iPods, iPads, digital cameras, lap tops, etc. skills to expand students’ 21st century skills.
Some Summer Schools offer enrichment courses supplement to the regular academic program and offer students the opportunity to upgrade present skills, pursue a new skill, or explore an area of interest.
Advantages of Summers Schools
- Helpful for struggling students
- Teachers provide intensive intervention through the use of special programs
- Instruction are delivered usually in small groups
- Systematically designed lessons in a variety of areas reading, writing, phonics/word study, mathematics, dramatics, sports, science etc.
- Provide systematically designed lessons in reading, writing, and phonics/word study and languages for elementary school.
- Students who are not yet proficient with their grade level academic expectations, Summer schools emphasize skills and strategies to build them.
- Provides learning opportunities to students in elementary schools who are identified with special education needs.
Summer School Enrichment CoursesEnrichment Courses for Elementary School
Art and Craft
Art and Nature
Dr. Seuss Galore
Exploring Science through Experiments
Graphic Novels- Composing and Cartooning
Instruments- Mallets, Drums & more!
Summer band CampEnrichment Courses for Middle School
Arts & Expression
Language & Culture
Performing Arts & Filmmaking
Recreation & Leisure
Test PreparationAcademic Enrichment Courses
There are lots of summer courses conducted by the district schools on various subjects to help all those students who need time to grasp the concepts or just want to brush up on core academics. Some district school teachers recommend parents to enroll for these academic courses during summers allowing student to come up to grade level. Besides there are online schools providing fun learning activities for the core academic improvement.