Tips and Tricks to Prepare for Graduate Tests
After undergraduate, you wish to appear for graduate level standardized test to take admission in the college of your choice. With a little preparation and proper planning you can easily score in the tests. Some of the major graduate standardized test are GRE
- Knowing the test format: It is very important that you are aware of the format of exam. Once you are comfortable with the format you can focus on the time management for each section.
- Read Instructions carefully :Understanding the directions for the questions beforehand will save a lot of time.
- Priority:Don’t spend too much time on one question. Spending too much time on one question might cause you to lose your precious time.
- Be patient: While attempting the questions, you should keep cool. Getting maximum marks in fixed time should be your aim. Try to be patient while attempting questions as rushing might cause mistakes and thereby affecting your score.
- Choosing by elimination: There will be questions which you are not sure then, try and use the method of elimination. Eliminate options which you think cannot be the answers. It narrows down your choice to maybe two options and then finally to one.
- Answering questions: While attempting the questions, give priority to the question in which you can score high.
- Attempting all the questions: If there is no penalty for wrong answers or no negative marking, it is advised to never leave a question unanswered.
- Computer based test: Since the test is computer based, you cannot o back, or leave the difficult questions for later nor can you check your answers towards the end even if you have some extra time. So be extra cautious and be very certain of your answers.
- Relax : Night before the test, relax. It has been proved that a candidate who is relaxed usually does much better than a student who is stressed. Get enough sleep before the D-Day.
- Eat healthy: On the morning take a light/healthy breakfast. A heavy meal might make you sleepy.
- Arrive on test center :Arriving at the test center before time is important. In fact it is advised to reach the test center 30-45 minutes before time.
- Comfortable clothes: Wear comfortable clothes that are suitable for all temperature.
- Checklist: Prepare a check list of all the things you need on the D-day and keep everything ready the night before.
- And lastly DON'T PANIC : It is important to keep cool during the test, even when you don't know the answers. Panicking often leads to committing mistake. Even the easiest problem may seem difficult. The best solution in such condition would be to have a cold drink or a glass water.
These are some of the the tips/tricks, which can help you during the preparation. But nothing beats a well organized, planned preparation and a concrete strategy. Practice as much as you can, be focused and concentrate during the exam preparation and on the test day to achieve success.
Click here for all the standardized tests as per the level of education.